Wednesday, March 7, 2012

SC Johnson 01651 Raid Killer The Best


SC Johnson #01651 Raid 16OZ Flea Killer
  • SC Johnson #01651 Raid 16OZ Flea Killer
  • S C JOHNSON WAX
  • Be Careful I used to work for a supplier of these and other pesticides. That said I know first hand the dangers of these products from various exposures I had in the course of my job. Raid is fairly mild compared some of the more kill everything sort of products but that said please people don't be going through several cans for an apartment. Follow the directions and realize that no matter what you do you will not kill all of the fleas. I was finally forced to buy this product when following a flood flooding your yard does not workmine was in a flash flood and that is why I have an infestation when I had the first infestation I had ever experienced. I regularly run the Hoover and deal with the occasional stray flea but nothing prepared me for these things climbing out from the deepest reaches of the carpeting to attack my cat and me. My cat is now on Frontline and has only had one flea on him in the past three days most likely that one died shortly after I saw him. The remaining fleas have found that my blood tastes just as good which is why I finally had to break down and spray the place. Do not spray it on your pets and use as little as possible.
    Great product! This product was recommended to me by an exterminator. He warned me it was hard to find but luckily Amazon found it for me. After trying bombs other sprays and gallons of insecticide Raid in the purple can killed all the fleas which were driving us out of the house in one main spray and a light spray the second day. I would recommend it to anyone with a flea problem.
    Beware Raid Flea Killer Plus Can Kill Cats! Be very careful when you use this product. It *does* work very wellperhaps too well. I had two of my older cats become paralyzed and then die within a few days of using it. I understand it must be used in ventilated areas and must be allowed to dry thoroughly before cats can be allowed to enter the space. Maybe I could've been even more careful than I was. But nothing will ever replace my beloved cats so in the future I will never EVER use a product such as this. Advantage Flea Drops only for my cats from now on.
    The Best I've only had one experience with fleas. Years ago my roommate had a cat a BAD infestation and no desire to handle the problem. Walking around with white socks for just a few seconds would result in probably about a dozen little black specks on my feet. I didn't know what to do so I purchased the carpet and room spray and didn't see another flea again. Ever. I did see one single flea last year in my own place now and ran out to get Raid again. I never used it and when a friend complained of a flea infestation even after trying several different products I immediately recommended this product and gave her my unused can. Fleas are tricky little devils and this product is just amazing. You won't be disappointed.
    Thank you Raid for saving my legs! I love animals dearly but I dont think I will ever let a stray inside of my house ever again unless I have some Advantage ready!My roomie and I let in a stray cat about a month ago and didnt know it had passed fleas onto our cat..and then onto my BED! It started out as just a few itchy spots and I thought maybe a mosquito had gotten inside. A few weeks later and my feet were getting covered in sores! Its not a pretty sight. My days of capri pants and skirts were over. Not fun when you live in Georgia with 90+ degree weather!A thorough spraying of my mattress and my entire room ended the problem overnight.
    Flea wars This stuff worked well for me in the past. Paid $20.78 with shipping for two cans of this that I just received. Then turned around and bought six 16 oz. cans of the same thing for $40. with shipping on here from Amazon. If there's any difference in the active ingredients I'll update this review when I get the second order. Doubt there is.Had a bad flea infestation this Summer due to my cat. Worst I've ever had. Been hammering them hard two or three times a day now for well over a week. Heavily gas the areas where they are and vacate the house for a while Works great keeping the roaches out too. Live in a sub tropical coastal area where insects are a significant issue. You have to keep at it to get a handle on the fleas.Am reloading for next Summer and don't know how long it will take to eradicate them during this tropical season. It takes a while to get them under control.July 23rd Have them on the run now. Or at least there are very few left. Haven't gassed my house yet today.August 2nd Very few fleas remain. Haven't gassed them in about four days now. Stopping their breeding cycle is what got rid of the infestation. That's why it takes flea spray to deal with them. Will spray the house where my cat hangs out each time I put Frontline on him from now on.
    Didnt get it! Never received the product. Never got any notification from ups never got any notification from usps. Crappy service all around.
    RAID!? NOOOOO! I had an infestation of fleas in my basement. Being that I had my cat for 8 years and never had a problem with fleas I had no experience getting rid of them. So I went out and bought industrial strength flea spray. Guess what? Didn't work that well. Killed a few fleas about half the infestation. Which was good but not great. So about two weeks later I used Frontline on my cat again with capstar again to help her stop itching. Then I decided I would try RAID. I vacuumed the basement which is cement and put flea collars in the vacuum. I vacuumed the upstairs main living area and put a flea collar in that vacuum as well. Then I took my RAID and I kid you not the fleas looked at me and said RAID?! NOOOOOO! Just like the commercials. As I sprayed the basement they jumped on me clinging for life. Then I sprayed my legs too. I had about 10 fleas on my legs so you can estimate my flea infestation but I kept spraying. I did the upstairs. I sprayed my couch my bed and all floors. Amazingly my house didn't smell like that typical bug spray smell. I still left the house for about 30 minutes with all the windows shut. I also left the A/C on to help the spray circulate through the duct work The cat was removed from the house too When I came home I could easily breathe as I was not overwhelmed with bug spray smell. And guess what? The fleas were DEAD. GONE. It's been 2 weeks now and I have seen 23 fleas. But after the big infestation I had that is to be expected. I will spray one more time this coming weekend and I am confident that the fleas will be gone forever. as long as my cat doesn't get outside again! PS.
    Keeps fleas at bay My home was attacked by fleas over the course of the summer and me being the thrifty and resourceful DIY person that I am decided to take matters into my own hands and by this spray to combat the problem. It takes persistence but if you spray every other day and vacuum frequently it will help eliminate fleas from your home.
    Works great but runs out fast! This stuff really worked wonderfully. Now if only it would last longer or come by the truck load.


    SC Johnson #01651 Raid 16OZ Flea Killer.S C JOHNSON WAX. Raid, 16 OZ, Flea Killer Plus, Carpet & Room Spray, Kills On Contact, Residual Action Kills Hatching Eggs For Weeks, Safe On Carpets & Upholstered Furniture.


    Related Products
    • Victor M230 Ultimate Flea Trap A Truly Terrifying Productfor Fleas I bought one of these on Tuesday it arrived on Wednesday. It worked so well I just ordered six refills and a second unit.I don't have a very serious flea problem but it was bad enough that I was willing to ...Read the full

    • Victor M231 Ultimate Flea Trap Refills, Pack of 3 The last desperate act The whole idea is keep fleas out of your house. Once they have invaded What do you do? I have tried every thing sprays powers you name it. These have been temporary solution at best. the best response to the ...Read the full

    • Safari Flea Comb with a Double Row of Teeth Really works! This flea comb far surpassed my expectations. After battling fleas for a couple of weeks I had resorted to handpicking them because all the medications I tried were not working. It is SO hard to catch those things without this ...Read the full

    • Novartis Capstar Flea Treatment Blue Tabs for Dogs and Cats Works well for my cat Apparently some cats and dogs respond badly to this medication but it works wonderfully for my cat.She weighs just 10 pounds so I give her half a tablet I cut them apart in a regular pill cutter and any fleas she's ...Read the full

    • Sergeant's 24-Ounce Flea-Free Breeze Home and Carpet Spray a helpful product fragrance is nice but very strong! a spray like FleaFree Breeze which not only kills fleas but also keeps flea eggs from developing into biting adults is a valuable tool in controling and preventing fleas in your home. i bought this product once ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment