Saturday, April 21, 2012

Hartz UltraGuard Flea Tick Spray Beware!

Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs 16oz
Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Spray for Dogs 16oz Read more...

  • A fine mist spray which kills and repels fleas and ticks including the deer tick, which may carry Lyme disease
  • Once sprayed, fleas will be killed in 5-10 minutes, leaving your pet's coat soft, glossy and manageable

  • Solid product great price This spray is an affordable easy to use option to dog collars in order to combat fleas and ticks. I have been using it for a few weeks on my 3 dogs they spend the day in the yard and sleep inside at night with great results no ticks so far detected in any of them even though by this time of the year i would usually find a culprit or two on my dogs.I did not give the spray 5 stars because on 1 of my 3 dogs it seems that it produces a very mild allergic reaction where the dog spends a day or two after being sprayed scratching constantly. Besides that minor hassle it works as specified and like i said can't beat the price.
    Beware! We used this as directed on our dogs for several months. The good news is that it does what it claims to do it repels ticks. The bad news i that it appears to have caused serious adverse health issues for our two 50 pound dogs. Our vet took blood from both dogs different breeds in the course of normal checkups. Both dogs showed strange symptoms including a very low liver enzyme. Diseases and disorders having been ruled out our vet perplexed asked whether we were using any pesticides that fell into a certain category she called very dangerous for animals. Low and behold Tetrachlorvinphos is the active ingredient in this product and is known to hurt the very animals we're trying to protect! Please do a search for Tetrachlorvinphos and know what you're spraying on your pet before you purchase this product. I wish I had.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Home Spray, 22oz I use it alot! i have two outside pens for my dog to use. i spray this product on her rugs and anywhere else in both pens to keep the ants and fleas away. i have not seen fleas around so far but the ants are always trying to be a pest. it ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs, 16-Ounce Extremely Wicked Product After having a pet sitter watch my 14 year old Golden Retriever for a week I came home to find her infested with fleas. By the time I realized that these little critters were all over my dog it was too late to bathe her. So I ran to WalMart ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea & Tick Shampoo for Dogs 18oz (Citrus) Great value works well smells good This flea shampoo works pretty well in my opinion. It kills the fleas right away and it smells good. It may take a couple baths to kill every single flea because they often hide when you start bathing your dog. I would suggest ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Drops For Dogs 16-30 Lbs wasted money and hope I tried this product first as it was cheaper than Frontline.I was very disappointed as it left my poor pets constantly scratching.It doesn't do what it claims and I'd never use it again.Sorry ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Collar For Large Dogs Inexpensive effective no problems There seem to be a lot emotional reviews over hypothetical concerns about the chemical in this product. I realize that the collar works because it is made with an insecticide. Obviously we shouldn't be eating ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment