Sunday, June 17, 2012

Hartz Mountain UltraGuard Carpet Powder Mediocre At Best

Hartz Mountain 02265 UltraGuard Plus Flea And Tick Carpet Powder
Hartz Mountain 02265 UltraGuard Plus Flea And Tick Carpet Powder Read more...

  • Product contains 3 monthly dosages.
  • Kills & repels fleas, ticks, mosquitoes.
  • It is in violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
  • Do not apply more than once every month.
  • Kills & prevents flea eggs & larvae.

  • Works Great Our sons room was infested with fleas if you stood in one spot about 1015 would jump on you. My husband tried vacuuming them away but that didn't work. So we put down Borax and swept it into the carpet. It has been sitting there for 3 full days with no decrease in fleas. So last night we applied this product the entire bottle in 1 room over the borax and swept it in until it all disappeared. Today about 17 hours later there was only 1 flea.
    Not Very Effective After one of our cats got infested with fleas some of the rooms in our house also became infested. I bought this product supposedly good enough for two rooms and used it in only one room of the house. You're supposed to vacuum it after up to 24 hours but I let it sit as the problem was bad. Well thus far I've let it sit for a week and I can't see any difference between the room it was used in and the room it wasn't used in the two rooms are not close to each other so this isn't a case of the untreated fleas jumping over into the treated room. There are just as many fleas in the treated room as there were before no change between either room.Just to see I did an experiment with a flea in a plastic box with this powder at the bottom. The flea didn't seem to be affected at all. Came back 24 hours later flea's still jumping around. Unless you literally pour this powder all over the flea fleas seem to able to be unaffected by this product. If all they're doing is standing on it they don't seem to mind. And I'm not sure the same effect couldn't be had by using any powder like flour instead. Many insects completely covered in a fine powder of any kind will wind up dying.Bottom line as far as I can tell doesn't do much to fleas. Disappointing.The other reviewer says it's hard to find. I'm thinking maybe there's a reason.
    Mediocre At Best I applied two containers of the powder to three rooms. Two are bedrooms about 12x10 feet the other is a living/dining area roughly the combined size of the bedrooms. Plenty of powder as advertised on the label for the amount of space. After brushing it in and waiting the minimally required 60 minutes I vacuumed the excess and let the dust continue to settle on everything. No less than a few hours later the fleas were still jumping at my ankles completely unaffected. A week goes by same story.Save your money go get something better.
    Terribly unpleasant but seems to have worked for us The citrus fragrance is awful and sickening and it's a messy hassle to use. However it seems to have done the trick in combination with treating our cat with Advantage. Some people might like the fragrance but it was noxious to us. I couldn't wait to get the smell out of our house afterward and couldn't stand being in any of the treated rooms without the windows open. The smell sticks around for a few days after treating and vacuuming.It was also very messy and billowed around a lot especially when sweeping it into the carpet. I wore one of those respirator masks when applying it sweeping it in and later when I vacuumed it up. I'm glad I did given how much it got into the air and how terrible it smelled the masks are a few dollars at Walmart by the way.The messiness and hassle seems to come with the territory for this kind of job and this kind of product though so overall I'm satisfied with it. The fleas were biting my ankles and lower calves before we treated but I haven't had a bite nor have I seen a single flea since we treated.For reference we left it on for a little over 24 hours. The package recommends leaving it for 24 hours but says you can leave it for less than that I think it said at least an hour. I figured that since I'd gone to the trouble to apply it I might as well leave it for the full amount and try to get the full benefit out of it.
    Good Product This is a very good product but it sure is difficult to find. It even kills spiders and other insects. I use it on my porch mats. Wish it were more readily available.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Victor M230 Ultimate Flea Trap A Truly Terrifying Productfor Fleas I bought one of these on Tuesday it arrived on Wednesday. It worked so well I just ordered six refills and a second unit.I don't have a very serious flea problem but it was bad enough that I was willing to ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Home Spray, 22oz I use it alot! i have two outside pens for my dog to use. i spray this product on her rugs and anywhere else in both pens to keep the ants and fleas away. i have not seen fleas around so far but the ants are always trying to be a pest. it ...Read the full

    • Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea &Tick Cat Collar Product is harmful to cats After several days of wearing Hartz ultra guard all the fur around my cats neck had been burned off as well as the skin that was underneath the collar. Please do not buy this for the safety of your own cat. ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Drops For Dogs 16-30 Lbs wasted money and hope I tried this product first as it was cheaper than Frontline.I was very disappointed as it left my poor pets constantly scratching.It doesn't do what it claims and I'd never use it again.Sorry ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Rid Flea & Tick Shampoo for Dogs with Oatmeal 18oz It was effective! My boxer had ticks and I bathed her with this shampoo and followed the directions covered her whole body and left it on her for 5 minutes then rinsed. Voila! ticks started dropping off her left and right.she feels so much better! I know hartz ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment