Thursday, May 17, 2012

Hartz UltraGuard Drops Cats over Should be Illegal!!

Hartz UltraGuard Pro Drops for Cats over 5 Lbs
Hartz UltraGuard Pro Drops for Cats over 5 Lbs Read more...

  • Pro-cision-Flo Applicator - ease of application, reduces messiness, correct application to skin (not fur) resulting in increased effectiveness
  • It also kills and repels mosquitoes that may transmit heartworm disease
  • Helps to kill fleas, Deer ticks and flea eggs for up to one month
  • Each pack contains a three month supply of easy squeeze tubes that provide a quick acting, long lasting treatment
  • For cats and kittens (weighing over 5lbs)

  • No wonder it's so much cheaper than other brands I didn't buy this from Amazon but I will say that it is a terrible product. Not only does it not work but it made my cat sick each time I used it. It doesn't absorb into his fur fully so he can lick his paw and then rub it on his neck and lick his paw over and over again until he's eaten a bunch of the flea medicine. I thought maybe I was applying it incorrectly the first time but the same thing happened the next time too no dead fleas and my cat was mopey and miserable for a few days each time. Do yourself and your cat! a favor and spend the few extra dollars on a better product.
    Dangerous Product We have a 9lbs cat. She goes out about 5 mins a week just to sniff around on the patio.We also have an old dog and we know she had fleas and were afraid she might have spread them around the house. To be safe we put Hartz Ultra Guard Pro on the cat. Big mistake. Following the instructions we put the drops at the base of her neck. Who knew cats could lick the backs of their necks. Of course cats can lick every spot on their body. I don't know how safe the product is if only used externally but on a cat it's going to get licked. There were lots of symptoms to the point I thought we might have to take her to the vet. We washed her and put a cone around her neck to keep her from doing more licking but the damage was done. I don't recommend this product unless you are trying to get rid of your cat. I recommend a flea collar.
    Seems like the expensive brands are putting in bad reviews I have excellent results with this inexpensive brand. the big expensive brands are just ripoffs and do not work any better. some of the bad reviews are just saying the same thingmakes you wonder.
    Made our cats very ill!! Since the option of zero stars is not available I gave it 1 star. I bought the Hartz Ultra Pro to save a few dollars. BIG MISTAKE!! Our 17lb. cat did not suffer any adverse effects but our other 2 cats did. Our Persian cat who is 8lbs. immediately started scratching her neck. She scrathed a lot the first day. We noticed clumps of her hair around the house. My youngest cat who is 7 lbs. became very lethargic and hid in the bathroom for about 12 hrs. We were so worried about her that we thought we were going to have to take her to the Vet in the middle of the night. She has slowly started feeling better. It has been 2 1/2 days since I applied the poison. The 2 effected cats are almost back to normal. I can't believe this stuff is even allowed to be sold due to all of the horrible side effects. I feel so blessed that none of our cats died. Our whole family would have been devastated.I wish I would have read the reviews first.
    does not work It did not harm my cat but it did absolutley nothing to help my cat. I will never use this again and will be sticking to advantage from now on.
    If your cat can lick it then its not good for them! I also didn't know cats could lick the back of there neck either. I bathed my cat 2 days ago because I noticed she had gotten fleas. First time since I got her in 6 years. So the next day I realized she still had them so I went and bought these drops from the store. Boy I wish I had not done that. In the morning when I woke up to check on her she had drooled all over the couch and all over her bed area.
    Should be Illegal!! Horrible stuff. Just like others I just got done giving my cat an emergency scrub down with dawn in the bathtub. It is toxic to pets my cat was blinking and squinting in strange ways Ive never seen as if it had some neurologic effects on her. BAD bad stuff. Gonna check out some better brands.
    HARMFUL!!! I used this product on my 2 cats. The older one had no issues but my 2 year old experienced drooling leg twitches irritation and odd behavior. Her behavior scared me so much I contacted the company but have heard no response. I washed the product off but we will be making an emergency vet trip tomorrow if her symptoms haven't eased up.
    wish I'd thought to check here first! We took in a stray a few months ago and though she's long gone to a new home her fleafilled legacy remains to torture our housecat. After giving him a bath yesterday I figured better safe than sorry and bought this treatment as well. I didn't get it from Amazon but from my local grocery store Hartz Plus was the only option they had for cats so I got it despite the $11 price tag.
    DESERVES 0 STARS!!!! I bought this to PROTECT my 3 cats against fleas. But after seeing them experience symptoms including a back leg twitch fur loss and lethargy fleas seem to be a better option! Thankfully I was still within the 24hr window where you're not supposed to bathe them and managed to wash it all off and they're all feeling much better now. They thankfully never lost their appetites or had any life threatening symptoms but this was scary enough for me to take action. Anyone who is reading this please wash this horrible product off your pets using a mild dish soap as soon as possible after application! On top of the horrid symptoms the stuff is makes their fur look greasy and dirty and it does not dry!On top of that on the back of the box Hartz tries to justify themselves by stating that sensitivities may occur with ANY pesticide treatment Does that make you feel better about yourselves? You should all be arrested for animal cruelty. The Hartz people are disgusting and I wonder how they sleep at night knowing that they're poisoning animals! I will be contacting the store where I bought this product the EPA FDA and HSUS about this.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Hartz UltraGuard Plus Drops for Cats, Over 5-Pound Product Almost Killed My Cat! This product is POISONOUS to cats! Please DO NOT buy this product. Within a few hours of putting this on my cat EXACTLY as instructed by the box she began to have neurological symptoms such as twitching. She was literally drugged. She ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard One Spot for Cats Controls & Prevents Flea Eggs and Flea Larvae Now I'm not sure I should be supporting this company because I still have other questions about their product but most of the bad reviews here seem to be because of a misunderstanding of how the product works. I can't ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Pro Drops For Dogs Over 60-Pound Great product great price Have been using Hartz flea and tick products for years and they work great! It's a lot easier to prevent fleas than to treat them once spotted so make sure to use the Hartz products with insect growth regulators?. I've tried prescription ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Drops For Dogs 16-30 Lbs wasted money and hope I tried this product first as it was cheaper than Frontline.I was very disappointed as it left my poor pets constantly scratching.It doesn't do what it claims and I'd never use it again.Sorry ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Drops Plus For Dogs over 60 Lbs Never Never Never use Hartz Flea Products!! Deadly! I did not realize all the problems associated with Hartz flea products. Do your research! My son's dog almost died from the insecticide they use in their products. There are many posts on the internet so please ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment