Monday, May 21, 2012

Hartz UltraGuard Plus Spray 16 Ounce Don't Be Fooled! Repellant Only! Does Not Kill Fleas!

Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs, 16-Ounce
Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea and Tick Spray for Dogs, 16-Ounce Read more...

  • This fast acting water based formula actually prevents fleas and ticks from living on your pet, including the deer tick, which may carry Lyme disease
  • It also prevents re-infestation and flea build up for 1 month
  • A fine mist spray which kills fleas and ticks for 7 days

  • Not used as directed I sleep on an air mattress on a hardwood floor coated with polyurethane and after waking up in the mornings with red welts all over my arms and legs I had had it. The only reason I bought this product was because it was the only flea chemical available at my local grocery store and despite not using it as directed this spray has worked excellently for me. I use it to treat the room and not the dog in fact there is no dog just three of my roommate's cats which aren't allowed in my room. First I found a flea and doused it in a rainstorm to see how it would react and the flea sputtered and died within 10 seconds. From there I treated the hot spots where I usually sit or sleep or long periods of time and noticed an immediate improvement. The chemical dried leaving white residue but it came away with a wet paper towel. Before I went to bed I squirted a protective ring around my mattress and even onto the mattress itself. This helped. For awhile I soaked a pair of socks in it and then wore the socks to bed and that managed to keep the fleas away without any noticeable effect on my skin. It's been about two weeks now since I started spraying the floor and my mattress with it and the fleas aren't completely gone yet I expect the eggs will continue to hatch for awhile but I no longer wear the socks and as soon as I see one I spray it. The problem has come under control. My only precaution would be to people in a situation like mine is since the spray is explicitly intended for dogs I would be careful exposing any other animals to the chemical. Also if my hardwood floor weren't coated in polyurethane I would worry about the chemical effects on the wood and I have no idea what it would do to carpeting. But for me great stuff I'll probably go out and buy a refill.
    Extremely Wicked Product After having a pet sitter watch my 14 year old Golden Retriever for a week I came home to find her infested with fleas. By the time I realized that these little critters were all over my dog it was too late to bathe her. So I ran to WalMart bought Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea and Tick Spray Hartz Flea Shampoo with Aloe and Hartz Flea and Tick 3 month drop supply.
    Don't Be Fooled! Repellant Only! Does Not Kill Fleas! Even the description for this product states it will keep fleas off your pet not kill them. And that's about all it does and temporarily. I was pleased with the results after first use like eveeybody else. But then became very angry within the next several days.We sprayed the house dogs like the directions said. And noticed that the fleas were just running to parts of the dog we hadn't sprayed or soaked with this product. No probem. Just cover the dogs entire coat and get them all right? Well yes we did that and then noticed the fleas congregating between and around our pets eyes & mouth. And you can't just spray this crap in your dogs mouth or eyes. So we sprayed our fingers and rubbed it on to be safe. Well that seems to do it and we turned the dog loose which was already spitting fire to say the least.All the dogs ran around like wired crazy rolling and jumping from room to room to couch to bed. I bet my dogs could've won the olympics for some of their unholy jumps & leaps. So I considered if the fleas were being killed and irritating my dog in their death dance. I was wrong. The product itself set my dogs skin on fire and the fleas just happened to make a quick exit where my dogs rolled.Oh the fleas left my dog. But they then took up residence in my furniture and my beds. I couldn't sleep after my dog had gotten in to my bed AFTER he was treated. I never had a flea one get in my bed or my couch till I used this product. Then the fleas were back on my dog in 48hrs. Like a dummy I sparayed my dogs again and then all this accomplished was adding more fleas to my bed & couch.This product only chases fleas away temporarily. And it does not kill ticks. I sprayed one directly that was on one of our yard dogs and it only made it wiggle & squirm some. 4 minutes later no change and it was still alive. The only thing that killed it was my cigarette lighter.
    Read more...



    Related Products

    No comments:

    Post a Comment