Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea Collar Works super!

Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea &Tick Cat Collar
Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea &Tick Cat Collar Read more...

  • For kittens 12 weeks of age or older
  • May be cut to size
  • Last for 7 months
  • Getting wet will not affect control
  • Kill fleas, flea eggs and ticks

  • Collar Caused LifeThreatening Allergic Reaction I spent 2 hours and $250.00 at the emergency vet last night because of this cat flea collar. My cat wore this collar for approximately 2 weeks and last night my husband noticed that there was drainage from the cat's neck. We immediately removed the collar and found all the hair missing and ulcerated oozing sores all the way around my cat's neck. He is also having pain with urination. The vet instructed us to wash the area with Dawn soap and rinse thoroughly. He gave him an antibiotic shot pain medication and recommended we use a prescription topical flea/tick control medication instead of these collars. I will never buy a Hartz product again. Please do not apply these to your animals. Once I started researching online thousands of animals have been adversely affected by these collars. I'm going to take my cat back to to the vet in the morning as he started vomiting and the vet warned that he could develop renal and liver failure. I hope we have a good ending to this nightmare.
    Product is harmful to cats After several days of wearing Hartz ultra guard all the fur around my cats neck had been burned off as well as the skin that was underneath the collar. Please do not buy this for the safety of your own cat.
    Chemical burns around the neck This product is terrible and this company should be shut down. I used this flea collar on my 7 month old cat. Only after 3 days did we notice that he had absolutely no fur around his neck due to chemicals in the collar as well as chemical burns from the collar.After further research this company has nothing but a bad reputation. Avoid this company of anything they sell at all costs. Simply despicable.
    DO NOT BUY!!!! SAFETY ISSUES!!! After only 2 DAYS just 2 I noticed that all the the fur under the collar was GONE! Its supposed to stay on for 7 months and just two days in there was only skin left. I looked up the same product and it seems like a LOT of pet owners have seen negative effects from using this and other Hartz products. DO NOT BUY THEM.
    STINKS! Why does this stuff have to smell like a scented garbage bag? Half the people who walked thru my house had to sneeze. I cannot imagine what it is doing to the cats sensitive nose. Probably kills fleas but I am not waiting to find out what else it might do to my cat. Snip snip off it comes shame on you Hartz much too powerful a stink for a flea collar.
    Works well on my 5 cats! These work well and are a lot less expensive than the drops that wind up being useless after a couple of times anyway. You do have to deflea your house though if you have fleas in the carpet those need to be dealt with too.
    Good Product. This collar works good. The only problem I hadwith this the collar came off couple times.
    contact Vet before using. This collar basicly melted the hair off my cat's neck in under 24hours.I took her to vet and she had a bad reaction to it.looks like its on to finding about collar she can use.
    Caused wounds on my cat's neck! My cat has never had fleas but I bought this because he goes outside a few times a day and came home with a tick once. When I put it on I made sure it wasn't too tight. I never even realized until after he wore it for 3 weeks that the underside of his neck was oozing and scabbed. I treated the wound with Neosporin and it healed in about 3 days but now he has hair missing all on the bottom of his neck!! DO NOT USE THIS ON YOUR CAT.
    Works super! I use this on my cats4 of them. We treat the premises and yard as well as our pets. We have tried the $85 topical solutionRevolution from our vet which caused a reaction. Also further money spent and a total scare with kitty drooling and labored breathing. It seems cats like people have reactions to different chemicals. So in all this product has solved the problem for now at a reasonable price with better than expected results. We also can report no hair loss on any of the 4 kitties. I sometimes wonder if the people who sell the very expensive flea treatments give a bad review to the less expensive products?I only wonder because prior to my cat's reaction to Revolution I had heard allot of negative at the vets office about flea collars. After the reaction to Revolution I was told to try this one. So just watch your pet carefully for signs of reaction. Do not let the hair all fall off and sores form before checking the cats reaction to the collar. We have had good results and spent a great deal less.
    Read more...



    Related Products
    • Adams Plus Flea & Tick Collar for Cats & Kittens, BreakAway, 8 Month Great collar for cats My cat hasn't scratched even once since I put this collar on her. No irritation like some other collarsI tried in the past. Great product!!! Like the breakaway feature. ...Read the full

    • Victor M230 Ultimate Flea Trap A Truly Terrifying Productfor Fleas I bought one of these on Tuesday it arrived on Wednesday. It worked so well I just ordered six refills and a second unit.I don't have a very serious flea problem but it was bad enough that I was willing to ...Read the full

    • Hartz Ultraguard Plus Flea &Tick Dog Collar Not worth it I was using Frontline on my Beagles and Chihuahua for years it worked great but its a bit pricey times three so I looked for some possible treatment solutions between the spot ons.This product and the Hartz flea spray I purchased along side it did not ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Collar For Large Dogs Inexpensive effective no problems There seem to be a lot emotional reviews over hypothetical concerns about the chemical in this product. I realize that the collar works because it is made with an insecticide. Obviously we shouldn't be eating ...Read the full

    • Hartz UltraGuard Plus Flea & Tick Home Spray, 22oz I use it alot! i have two outside pens for my dog to use. i spray this product on her rugs and anywhere else in both pens to keep the ants and fleas away. i have not seen fleas around so far but the ants are always trying to be a pest. it ...Read the full

    No comments:

    Post a Comment